Caliber 815 memovox dial question

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
bigsom

Caliber 815 memovox dial question

Postby bigsom » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:22 pm

Hello! Starting to find an interest in vintage JLC (have a couple of the modern pieces). I was wondering if you could comment on this memovox. It's an 815 bumper I believe. The inner disk arrowhead seems thinner than the ones i've seen before. Also the dial print seems just slightly too bold, so I'm not sure if it's been refinished. Also I think the earlier memovox models were marked "swiss", but wanted to confirm. Thanks in advance for the expertise and guidance.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Caliber 815 memovox dial question

Postby zafbasha » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:28 pm

I think that is a repaint. Always hard to be 100% sure from photos though.

bigsom

Re: Caliber 815 memovox dial question

Postby bigsom » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:53 am

Thank you Zaf, I think so too. The automatic and the swiss seem a bit too "bold" in comparison to the LeCoultre/memovox.

It seems tough to find one of these with a nice dial, will keep up the hunt.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”