Adams Chronograph

Answering questions regarding what you should expect to get for your vintage watch at auction or from a dealer. You may also ask if questions regarding the authenticity of your watch here.
Forum rules
In order to provide a reasonable appraisal, we will need at least 3 of the following:

1) A picture of your watch. This is done using the "upload" feature.
2) Model number if known.
3) The case material, Silver, Steel or Gold, etc.
4) Case diameter & overall condition.

Due to the demands placed on my mailbox, I do not answer such inquires by direct mail. You must post your question here. Direct eMails regarding appraisals will be deleted and not answered.

Please note: Almost ALL the small ladies "cocktail" watches of brands such as Bulova, Gruen, Hamilton, etc., with gold trading at record prices are trading at or near scrap.
Daveseattle

Adams Chronograph

Post by Daveseattle » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Please help me learn about a watch I just inherited. It is a tiny chronograph (28mm including stem) wristwatch. The case is stainless steel. The face is gold with no mention of mfg. stamped inside the case Made in Geneva,Adams watch inc. and some other words I can’t make out. The movement works and the exterior is in excellent condition.

A search of the internet did not produce any info.

Would like to know more about Adams, the age of the watch and it’s value

Thanks in advance
Attachments
BA1307B0-D6AF-4063-806F-77DE4271502C.jpeg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Adams Chronograph

Post by zafbasha » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:15 pm

I don't know anything about Adams, so it's probably sort of generic. The value of the watch will be based on who made its movement. So if you could post a photo of that or have a watchmaker identify it for you...

Daveseattle

Re: Adams Chronograph

Post by Daveseattle » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:53 pm

Movement photo
Attachments
A92B70FF-5BE9-4A07-9004-32584E52BF3A.jpeg