Is this a legit vintage JLC watch?

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
lampyridae

Is this a legit vintage JLC watch?

Postby lampyridae » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:11 am

I'm planning to purchase a vintage JLC from a local shop here that they claim is from the 1950s and that the dial has been refinished. Unfortunately, I have only found one example with the same exact dial, also from my country.

Based on the photos, the serial number is 578276.

Unfortunately, the seller is only providing me with these photos and does not have one of the inside of the case back.
Would be correct to assume that the movement is a P469?

Any help with regards to verifying the authenticity of this watch would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. :D

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Is this a legit vintage JLC watch?

Postby zafbasha » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:41 am

Movement and case are legit, the dial as you noted appears refinished. Looks authentic to me.

lampyridae

Postby lampyridae » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:40 am

Movement and case are legit, the dial as you noted appears refinished. Looks authentic to me.
Thank you for your time. I suppose I should see if the dial looks good enough in person. Something feels off about it though, so I might keep an eye out for better deals that fit my preference

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:25 am

The refinished dial is worth at least 30-40% less than an original dial.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”