Lecoultre brooch

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
Andymo

Lecoultre brooch

Postby Andymo » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:02 pm

Curious about this brooch. Is it real? My thought is its a lecoultre face that a jeweler made into a brooch and does this help or hurt the value. Thanks
Attachments
image.jpeg

Andymo

Re: Lecoultre brooch

Postby Andymo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:03 pm

image.jpeg
Curious about this brooch. Is it real? My thought is its a lecoultre face that a jeweler made into a brooch and does this help or hurt the value. Thanks

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:22 pm

Looks like a converted Ladies watch? Are there any signed of the bottom lugs having been removed?

Andymo

Postby Andymo » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:32 pm

My knowledge extremely limited, there are trenches at the bottom where I believe lugs would have been. It's all smooth so hard to say of the lugs being removed but if this was made originally to be a brooch I don't believe the trenches would be there. I'm also not aware of lecoultre making a piece of jewelry like this. I thought they only made watches and clocks. Any idea of the value? Thank you for sharing your expertise you are clearly passionate about what you do.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:01 am

If there are grooves for the lugs, I'm pretty sure it's a custom job.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”