Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:46 pm
I inherited a JLC from my late grandfather. I know it was recently serviced but don't know anything beyond that. After looking online for several hours for instructions of some sort I am thoroughly confused.
I've figured out the 4 o'clock crown sets time and winds the watch and the 2 o'clock crown sets the alarm. The engraved numbers are 875.42 and 1475382.
1. Is it possible I've overwound this watch? I wound it about 100 turns and it doesn't seem to be getting more resistance. I read somewhere that automatic watches won't increase resistance. Is this the case for this watch?
2. Is there an easy way to change the date? The only way I can figure out to change it is to advance the time 24 hours. I'm only several days fast. Is the only method to advance it 26 days? Seems tedious.
3. During my online research I recall reading somewhere cautioning setting the alarm or time in a certain manner as it would damage the watch. Unfortunately, I can't find that thread anymore. Does that sound familiar to anybody?
4. Any specific care I need to be aware of?
Any information would be greatly appreciated!
- Site Admin
- Posts: 651
- Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:43 pm
- Location: Washington, DC
Hi and welcome.
2. Yes, you get go back and forth between Midnight and 9-10PM, that way you don't have to do a full rotation.
3. Yes, do not drag the alarm disk when setting the time. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see that happening.
4. Needs to be serviced every 4-5 years.
Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests