LeCoultre 1950's - 14k - identify name/model of the watch ( Calendar Disc ? )

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
HerrM

LeCoultre 1950's - 14k - identify name/model of the watch ( Calendar Disc ? )

Postby HerrM » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi,

After 15 years in a box in my wardrobe I noticed the old watch which I never took any notice of. It is an old watch from my mothers grandfather. the watch was either given to him by someone, the company he was board member of or possibly by himself. Inscription on back side 11th of Feb- 1956 ( His 70th birthday ). I took the watch to a local JLC dealer whom suggested that I send the old watch to the factory and let them look into it. The JLC factory has this week sent me an offer for Service/repairing/polish. The quote I received was approx 2500 USD.

Does any one know what the name of this watch is? Before paying the USD 2500 it might be a good idea to know a little about the model

Also what type of items should not we changed/refurbished? Should item which don't improve functionality of the watch be refurbished

LeCoultre

I don't have a picture of the actual watch ( It is currently at the JLC factory ) but I have found a picture showing the same model
Attachments
LeCoultre-1950's-14K-Calendar-Disc.jpg

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: LeCoultre 1950's - 14k - identify name/model of the watch ( Calendar Disc ? )

Postby zafbasha » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:41 am

The factory quote of $2500 is ridiculous. It's more than the watch is worth. I can get this watch serviced for you for under $700.

There is no model name but it might have a US case reference number. The movement is caliber 810 and it was made between 1952 and 1954.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”