Memovox

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
vincereynard

Memovox

Postby vincereynard » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:55 am

A dealer has agreed to buy an Omega of me, so I have £1750 "credit" with him to find something else.

I suggested looking for a Memovox. His reply was -

"I will certainly keep my eyes out for them. I may be able to find source a
JLC Memovox in stainless steel for 2k but solid gold is going to cost 3.5-4k."

Can that be right? I thought a Memovox was generally considered less valuable than an Omega Constellation.
I've just bought a solid gold Pie Pan Omega for £1250.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Memovox

Postby zafbasha » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:34 am

It really depends on the model. Some Memovox easily exceed the price of an Omega Constellation.

vincereynard

Postby vincereynard » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:22 am

Thank you for the reply.

I am very attracted to a Memovox but know very little about them, certainly compared to a Constellation. Actually some of the most attractive, to me, have been stainless.

If I get offered one I shall pop it up on this forum for appraisal first if that is OK?

Buying your book would be a good start! :)

Vince

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:31 am

Sure go ahead, please omit details of the shop it's coming from though. We don't want to get into shouting match with them.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”