I'm an avid vintage JLC fan, especially with the Memovox models - I own several models but this particular model I own has me stumped... In my huble opinion and from the little that I know about Memovoxes, I'm convinced it is NOT fake (Although I also understand it could be and I may be wrong) ... Can anyone help?
Here's what I know :
- It's a JLC Memovox Cal. 916
- The serial number 2121893 - dates it to possibly 1971-1972 (Zaf's table of serials in his excellent book ends at 1970
- I've only seen (1) other example of this anywhere despite my best effort to research - it's on ebay for sale right now for $4200
-- with supposedly the original bracelet -- although my watch head/ dial looks more mint.
- I have no clue if the Crowns are original
- It looks Amazing in the metal! Pictures are mediocre at best
Thank you in advance for your help