Replacement glass for an Aristocrat / Grasshopper

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
MichaelHH

Replacement glass for an Aristocrat / Grasshopper

Postby MichaelHH » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:22 am

My latest acquisition is this Grasshopper or Aristocrat. The case is stamped 00003965 (is it a reference number or case number?), caliber 438/4CW, serial number 841876. According to the list in the reference book, the watch seems to date from 1951-2, is that correct?

I am looking for a replacement for the broken glass. Maybe they are not available anymore, and would need to be customized due to its asymmetric shape?

There is no information about the LC Aristocrat in the reference book - does anybody know about the duration they were produced?

Thanks, and greetings from Germany!
Attachments
IMG_6151.JPG

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Replacement glass for an Aristocrat / Grasshopper

Postby zafbasha » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:40 pm

I haven't' seen any from conventional channels in years, so it's either eBay or you have one cut.

You can try googling the "GS watch crystal catalog" it might be listed in there, if you have the reference number the parts house may still have one lying around.

MichaelHH

Postby MichaelHH » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:06 am

Thank you very much!
- Maybe it would be an idea to add a small section about the Aristocrat in one of the future editions of the book?

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:20 pm

Ha! If I live long enough for a future edition! That was a lot of work!

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”