Memovox K825 stops on the wrist

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
bigsom

Memovox K825 stops on the wrist

Postby bigsom » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:20 am

Hello,

Recently acquired a k825 bumper memovox. Sometimes it runs fine on the wrist the whole day. At other times it will stop in the middle of the day and a gentle tap on the side of the case will re-start it.

I opened the case back and took a quick peek as there was a metallic clinging which would come from the watch when moving it gently around to actuate the bumper rotor. Everything looked secure except for the alarm hammer. I was able to gently move the hammer and it would quite easily touch the balance wheel and stop the movement.

Is this normal? Something that a service would fix? I'm a bit confused as to why it would sometimes run all day and on other days it would stop after a few hours on the wrist.

Thanks for any help/advice!

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Memovox K825 stops on the wrist

Postby zafbasha » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:06 am

The hammer should never touch the balance wheel.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”