Advice on watch

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
To Be Announced

Advice on watch

Postby To Be Announced » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi,

I've been left this watch by my late Uncle and looking for as much info as I can. He bought it in Switzerland in or around 1950. I know it was serviced once (don't know when). Can anyone tell me how to set the day/date etc? I can get a better picture tomorrow if necessary
Attachments
Snapshot_20170117 (3).jpg

To Be Announced

Re: Advice on watch

Postby To Be Announced » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:34 am

Apologies everyone. I don't have my camera at the minute and still trying to get a photo to do the watch justice
Attachments
image1.JPG

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:35 pm

There are small buttons on the side that can be used to set the month/day of month. You can do this with a small pin.

The day of week is usually set by rotating the hands.

Best to set the watch to say 8PM when doing this as they can jam if you try to set the date at a time when the date is changing.

To Be Announced

Postby To Be Announced » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Thanks for the reply. I managed to set the day/date etc., much appreciated. Can you let me know more about the watch? All I know is that my Uncle and 2 friends bought one of these each on a trip to Switzerland in the 1950's. I'm told one of the friends took off his watch to fix a punctured wheel on his car and drove over it when he was finished, forgetting he had put it down.

I don't have any papers associated with it and I believe it was serviced once. How often should it be done? Any idea of the value? It is in excellent condition, despite the poor photos (I don't have my good camera at the moment)

Thanks again

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”