JLC Reverso

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
Paul-Connoisseurtime

JLC Reverso

Postby Paul-Connoisseurtime » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:23 pm

Hey Zaf, if you have a minute, I would love to get your thoughts on this. Its something that I'm looking at on approval.

Here's what the seller, an estate buying firm, had to say about it:

"This is a men's rare Vintage 18k Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso wristwatch. This watch is a highly collectible 1950's 18K yellow gold rectangular cased reverso model by Jaeger LeCoultre Watch Co. It features a three piece case with can be spun around to cover the watch dial for protection stamped on the inside back cover L C makers mark .750 and on the watch body as well. The crown is embossed with the Jaeger LeCoultre mark.

The watch has a high grade Swiss LeCoultre 17 jewel movement that is in running condition...It is topped with an ultra rare original black dial that is signed Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Q. This is the rarest dial that can be found on these models. 99% of the time they have been refinished. It is highly unusual to have the original in such nice condition. Please note that the watch is missing the crystal. This watch was purchased from the original owner who enjoyed it for the last 60 years. As you can see the watch is in overall very good condition for its age. It is in untouched un-restored condition. (94561)"

It's being shipped to me, so I haven't seen it yet in person. It looks much newer than the '50's to me because of the crown and dial style. Is that true? And does the "Q" on the dial denote anything...? Like quartz? Any thoughts on the claims being made?

Thanks very much.
Paul
Attachments
IMG_4476.JPG
IMG_4475.JPG
IMG_4474.JPG

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: JLC Reverso

Postby zafbasha » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:25 am

Looks like a composite of old and new parts. The crown and dial are not 1950s for sure.

Also the vintage Reverso case doesn't have any screws holding it together. It's entirely a snapback design, and the profile of this one is wrong for a 1950s watch.

SO....either it's NOT 1950s, it's not genuine or it's something from the 1990s with the wrong dial. I don't see any serial or reference numbers on the case which a little disturbing as well....

Paul-Connoisseurtime

Re: JLC Reverso

Postby Paul-Connoisseurtime » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:39 am

Thanks Zaf, I really appreciate your help.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”