Jaeger-LeCoultre Masters Control movement

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
trapp

Jaeger-LeCoultre Masters Control movement

Postby trapp » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:08 pm

Hello. I'm a new member to the forum, thank you for having me.

I don't believe the Masters Control series qualifies as vintage (I think it was launched in 1992). But I acquired this JLM years back (well before COVID) at an estate sale in San Francisco and I wanted some learned input, since the movement isn't familiar to me. I cannot find any JLM movements like it in my online searches.

I'm not really a watch guy but fell in love with the watch when I handled it and thought the price was fair, so I made an impulse purchase. The watch runs, though I suspect it could use some servicing. There's some issues - one of the hour markers on the face is missing and one of the screws in the caseback has been lost. The watch is exactly as I purchased it.

I'd be interested and appreciative of any insight on this automatic movement - or on the watch in general.

Cheers!
Attachments
105_1041.JPG

trapp

Re: Jaeger-LeCoultre Masters Control movement

Postby trapp » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:11 am

Here's the face.
Attachments
105_1051.JPG

zafbasha
Site Admin

Postby zafbasha » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:31 am

It looks like a fake, unfortunately. The movement finish looks Chinese.

trapp

Postby trapp » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:43 am

Thank you!

Obviously, not good news, but I wasn't sure about the watch and it's good to hear the truth.

Much appreciated.

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”