Memovox E855 Lapis Lazuli help needed

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
kadima

Memovox E855 Lapis Lazuli help needed

Postby kadima » Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:17 am

Hello everybody, I found the watch in the pictures and I am not sure it's everything correct. I've read different opinions online about the existence of the Memovox E855 with Lapis Lazuli dial. Did they used this dial on E855? Also, I am not sure about the crowns, they don't have the JL logo, but they doesn't look strange to this watch. I appreciate your help with my issues. Thanks!
Attachments
1jl.jpg

Eddie_C96

Re: Memovox E855 Lapis Lazuli help needed

Postby Eddie_C96 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:58 pm

Hello,
I am no expert, but this looks refinished to me. I have seen several ones with similar pattern, coming out of Asia (Japan and HK) with different people claiming ith was the orinal factory finish - which I doubt.
Below is an original watch that I believe, have aged to result in such effect:
To compare with my own E875 with the original blue finish:
Despite those being several yers apart, the colors seem consistent, but not with one you posted earlier - it looks too clean and homogenious to me.

zafbasha
Site Admin

Re: Memovox E855 Lapis Lazuli help needed

Postby zafbasha » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:42 am

I tend to agree with the above post. Also no indication of SWISS or T on the original post on the watch dial?

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”