Memovox 3015 Ford edition

Welcome to the vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre forum. You must be a registered user in order to use the forum. If you have a question about a specific watch, please upload photos as it is impossible to know what you are talking about based on serial numbers. Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale including auction sites.
Forum rules
Please limit discussion to items of horological interest. You may post links to sites with educational content, but please no links to competing sites with similar items for sale. You must register to use any of the fora.
ghovas

Memovox 3015 Ford edition

Postby ghovas » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:19 am

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. For the longest time I wanted to have a vintage memovox Ford edition and finally I pulled the trigger.

Now I have two questions, hoping that some experts in this forum can help me to get answers

1. The seller told me that he assumes that the Kreisler wristband is the original one it came with. Does anyone know if this is true?

2. Can you help me figuring out how to open that back case? It looks like it's not a screw mechanism, but a hinge, but I don't want to apply any force without knowing exactly how it should and can be opened.

Thank you very much
Attachments
PXL_20220325_185813025.jpg

gatorcpa

Re: Memovox 3015 Ford edition

Postby gatorcpa » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:50 pm

I believe that the expandable band is original to the watch and is quite unusual to find. The case is a snap back (not a screwback). I would recommend that only a watchmaker open up the back. If you do it wrong, you could damage the case, the movement or both.

Let a professional handle it.
gatorcpa

Return to “Vintage Jaeger-LeCoultre Forum”